On January 22nd, we will begin hosting a Monthly Issues Forum featuring a guest speaker or a panel presentation on an issue of interest to Democrats in Glynn County. The forum will be held on the 4th Monday of each month (except August and December) from 7-8 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church on Norwich Street in Brunswick.
During the Q&A session after the program, we engage in lively and civil discussion to understand better how issues of national import, such as climate change, the economy, voting rights and education, affect our lives right here in Glynn County. We learn a lot about the issues and about each other every time. You’re invited to attend to meet your Democratic neighbors and to get involved in the conversation. Check out the upcoming programs for January and February. Bring a friend or neighbor.
Did you wake up the morning of Nov. 9th after the presidential election last year thinking you’d never get out of bed again? Were you depressed until June of 2017? Do you turn on the news each day saying, “What has he done now?” Can you believe that “Trumpism” is taking root in Georgia? Do you want to do something positive and fun to wake up from this nightmare?
If you answered “yes” to those questions, it’s time to join the Glynn Dems Team of Candidates.
Glynn Dems are committed to having a Democratic candidate competing for every office on the ballot in November 2018, and you could be one of those candidates. Even if you have no idea what is involved in running for office, we can help you learn and help you get ready. It’s as important to be in the game as it is to win. On Nov. 7th, the morning after the 2018 off-year elections, you will know that you didn’t just sit back and watch our country dissolve into a bunch of greedy politicians passing laws to repay their wealthy donors. You will have fought the good fight, and you might win.
Get involved to make a difference. To toss your hat in the ring, do these things now:
- Download and read about races open for 2018.
- Email Linda Muir, Glynn Democrats Candidate Selection Committee, and request a Glynn Dems Candidate Handbook. Let her know you are interested in running for office.
- Ask the Glynn Dem Candidate Selection Committee to help you find the best fit for you. Don’t worry if you don’t know anything about running. We will help.
- Click here to review the Democratic Qualifying Packet provided by the Secretary of State.
- The Democratic Primary Elections are May 22, 2018. PLEASE NOTE: The qualifying period for the primaries is March 5-9, ending at noon March 9, 2018.
Time is running out. Just do it. Do your part to help our county, state and country return to our democratic foundations and to the values of kindness, honesty and equality that are missing in today’s politics. Join the Glynn Dems Team of Candidates. We will have your back. It’s important to our county and our country. And it might just be lots of fun.
As you know, important midterm elections are coming up Nov. 6, 2018. From the governorship of Georgia to the Glynn County Board of education, Democrats will be competing in key races up and down the ballot this year.
Glynn Dems will be organizing in our local precincts starting today to identify, energize and activate Democrats all across Glynn County to register to vote and to get out the vote in these critical elections.
Do you know which voting district and precinct you live in? Go to Ga.gov. There you can find out if you are registered to vote and which district and precinct you live in. You can also register to vote right there.
Let us know if you want to get involved in our grass roots efforts to elect Democrats in Glynn County in 2018. Democrats in each of the five Glynn County Districts meet once a month to engage and activate voters in their districts and precincts. Visit our Facebook page or join our Facebook group, subscribe to our calendar to keep up to date on district meetings and activities, and if you haven’t already, sign up to stay in touch.
Thank you for your support.
6:00 p.m., January 18, 2018
2302 Townsend St., #3
Brunswick, GA 31520
Four duly elected members of the Glynn County Democratic Committee have resigned their positions on the Committee for various reasons. The resulting vacancies are:
- District 2 – one (1) District Representative position.
- District 3 – one (1) District Representative position.
- District 4 – two (2) District Representative positions.
The Chair of the Committee, Audrey Gibbons, has called a Special Meeting of the Executive Committee for 6:00 p.m. on January 18, 2018, in her offices located at 2302 Townsend Street, Suite #3 in Brunswick to elect by secret ballot the new appointees to fill those vacancies.
Any Glynn Dem interested to become a candidate for appointment to one of these Committee positions should contact Audrey Gibbons by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A candidate must reside in the County Commission District to qualify to run for the District Representative position in that District.
In their emails to Ms. Gibbons, interested Glynn Dems should include the following:
- The position to which they would like to be appointed.
Their contact information.
- A statement certifying that they are qualified for the position they are seeking by virtue of their residency
- An indication either (i) that they will attend the Special Meeting and speak in support of their candidacy, or (ii) that they will not attend the Special Meeting but are enclosing a statement in support of their candidacy.
All candidates who wish to support their candidacy in person must arrive at the Special Meeting and sign-in by 6:00 p.m. to be considered for appointment.
All Glynn County Democrats are invited to attend this special District 2 monthly meeting to celebrate the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
St. Ignatius Chapel
2906 Demere Road
St. Simons Island, GA 31522
January 15, 2018
6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Dr. King led the Civil Rights Movement to bring equality and dignity to all people. We will hear personal tributes to this courageous martyr from local leaders.
Retired minister, civil rights advocate
Glynn County educator
Registrar at Glynn Academy
Chair, Glynn County Democratic Committee
We will close by singing “We Shall Overcome” in remembrance of Dr. King and his singular place in American history as we find inspiration for 2018.